Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh, what a month!


Let's just say that this has been a very, very challenging month! Starting Aug. 1 Claire got sick. She ended up puking for 7 straight days. Once she was over it, Link got it. They were both starting to feel better when I got news that all of my freelance work was being pulled in-house, thus leaving me jobless. Oh, the stress! I'm still waiting to hear on a job so keep your fingers crossed for me! Well, the next day...yup, one day later, Claire developed a horrible, croup-like cough. It went on for a week and she was finally diagnosed with a sinus infection (she also has some kind of bad rash on her right thigh that is driving her nuts). The dr. put her on Amoxicillin, which she HATES! On top of all of that, on Tuesday night she decided that it was time to get up for good at 12:30 am. She did NOT go back to sleep until 8:00 am. And neither did I. Oh, and our credit card number was stolen AND Sweet Pea still refuses to poop in her litter box so we have to get rid of her. I CANNOT WAIT for September! To make matters worse, our first football game is in August. Let's hope our black cloud stays out of Virginia!

So on a happier...or more fun note, Claire had two milestones yesterday. First, she took her very first shower with me and LOVED it! I got it on video (her, not me). I also converted her crib into a toddler bed. She climbed out twice on Tuesday night and I'm too worried about her hurting herself. Last night was bumpy, but she made it through and did not fall out. :)

Stay tuned for happier posts. My next doctor appointment is next Thursday. :)

No comments: