Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I heard the heartbeat!

Let me just stay, this last week has been ROUGH! Claire ended up puking from Saturday, Aug. 2-Friday, Aug. 8. She's been crabby because she doesn't feel well and I haven't slept because I worry about her. On top of that, Link got the flu on Saturday, Aug. 9 and he's even crabbier than Claire when he's sick. UGH! I think I'll move to Australia! But, there was a ray of sunshine in this week that was constantly cloud-covered. I heard the baby's heartbeat!

I went to the doctor on Thursday. I told her that Claire had been sick and that I'd probably lose it if I didn't hear the heartbeat. This kind woman (it was the nurse practitioner) was AWESOME! She started off by saying that in the 15 years that she's been doing this, she's only heard a heartbeat at 8 1/2 weeks with the doppler about 5-10 times. But she was determined. It took two tries and a trip to the bathroom but we finally heard it. It was amazing and instantly put my mind to rest. This baby is a keeper!

On a Claire note, these Baby Einstein videos are leaving a lasting impression! First she started saying "outback" and now she's trying to say goodbye in different languages! I've posted a video for your entertainment! :) ***Note: Claire is obsessed w/the camera so she freaks out when she sees me with it, hence the end of the video.

No comments: