Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The sweetest thing!


All I have to say is that if this new baby is half as sweet as Claire, we will be the luckiest parents alive! I swear, my child is the sweetest, most loving toddler around and I just adore her (I should, she's my daughter)! Her new thing is kisses. I don't mean little kisses. I mean big, fat, juicy smackers! Now every night when I put her to bed I kneel down on the floor and put my kissy lips between the slats in her crib. Claire scoots over to me and plants a nice big kiss right on my lips and plays with my face. We do this when she wakes up, too. This has now become my favorite part of the day! She also gives big hugs now and says "hug!" She is very affectionate with her stuffed animals and baby dolls, too. She is spreading her love around...which is great now, not so much when she's a teenager! :)

And something funny to share, this morning at 3:00 am Claire decided she didn't want to sleep anymore. She stood in her crib saying "MOMMY! I DONE! BOOK!!!!!" It wasn't so cute at 3 in the morning but now I look back and smile. She finally went back to sleep after I told her a couple of Curious George stories and sang to her. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How cute!! Don't you love that? Jayni is the same way, she LOVES kisses. We are 2 lucky mommies!

BTW, my blog is private, so send me your gmail address so I can invite ya!